| BELFORT Founder & Principal
George H. Peterson has over 35 years in the field of finance including financial and operating management in diverse corporations, investment banking, commercial banking and consulting.
For the last several years, Mr. Peterson has been engaged to act as Advisor to the CEO/Acting CFO of a public technology company based in NJ. In that role, he has: developed the restructuring plan; negotiated with creditors; developed and negotiated financing and acquisition opportunities; made Board and external presentations; managed the Accounting, Human Resources and Investor Relations departments; revised the organizational structure; and, undertaken SEC reporting.
Originally with the Chase Manhattan Bank NA, he was subsequently a founding Director of Investment Banking at the principal US subsidiary of HSBC Plc and a member of its Investment Banking and Risk Management Committees. Thereafter, he was Chief Financial Officer of two subsidiaries of Continental Grain Company, the 4th largest private company in the US at the time, and later, a Director in their merchant bank. Subsequently, Mr. Peterson was a Director of Banque Indosuez and a member of its North American Management Committee with direct responsibility for restructuring one of its divisions and related operational support throughout the US.
Immediately prior to founding Belfort Capital Corp., Mr. Peterson was Vice Chairman and Chief Operating Officer of Trifinery, an oil refining and marketing company. In that position, he developed strategic and operating plans, negotiated with creditors and undertook capital raising efforts which ultimately lead to the sale of a majority interest in the company to a European national oil company.
Mr. Peterson was formerly registered with the NASD as a General Securities Representative (Series 7). Mr. Peterson is a graduate of Brown University and holds a Bachelor of Arts in Economics and International Relations.
· Former senior Managing Director- Investment Banking for CSFB with significant experience in M&A and capital raising alternatives.
· Former Head of Corporate Development for the Chase Manhattan Bank NA with responsibility for all M&A on behalf of the Corporation
· Former JP Morgan executive and CFO of industrial company with corporate finance experience in international telecommunications
· Former executive with GE Capital and the Boston Consulting Group with experience in retailing, consumer products/services and distribution
· Former Chairman of an Australian media conglomerate in publishing, media content and distribution